Saturday 6 August 2011

Summer lovin'

This summer I have discovered a new unexpected drink of choice - Sherry?!?
It is a drink that I previously had only encountered at Christmas as my Grandmas drink of choice. As a special treat we were also allowed a small glass mixed with lemonade or a snowball (I truly am a child of the seventies!).
The Sherry I am enjoying at the moment is likely more grown up and does even seem related to that cloying, sickly sweet tipple hidalgo la gitana manzanilla sherry. Its perfect with spanish cured ham and roasted almonds. I have been eating tapas inspired by this new drink choice and thought I would just share a quick picture.


Apologies for plate being half eaten! Is anyone else having to eat homegrown courgettes with every meal to make a dent in their crop?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yes! Courgettes with everything here too. Your dinner looks lovely though. Have you tried Nigella's Courgette Cake? It's good. And at this time of year the courgettes provide a failsafe excuse for cake. Nom!

    ReplyDelete