Tuesday 18 October 2011

Hurricane shawl

I suspect like most knitters when I travel I often take two projects 'just in case'. On my recent trip to New York this proved a most sensible idea. I had socks as one of the projects but when my needles broke on the flight over the second project was much appreciated! At Knitnation I had bought a skein of the delicious the natural dye studio angel yarn. So whilst away I  decided to make the edith shawl from my latest book. I amended the pattern slightly so there were more rows of eyelets worked in the short row shaping section and add a couple more eyelets to the lace edging. By the end of the hurricane the shawl was almost completed. I thought I would show you a couple of images of the book version and the hurricane version. 


The yarn was lovely to work with and once I have finished the thousands of pairs of socks I seem to have to make before Christmas its a yarn I will definitely be coming to.

No comments:

Post a Comment