Sunday 27 November 2011

Joy of the jelly roll

I had plans to try quilting for quite awhile but hadn't anticipated how difficult it would be to start! I thought the hardest part was going to be the precision and my lack of sewing knowledge but hadn't accounted for how hard it would be to even pick the fabric. 
I had some fabric in mind but just couldn't make up my mind about which fabrics looked best together so imagine my joy when the lovely Hayley at Rowan came to my rescue with an Amy Butler jelly roll. It was wonderful to have so many fabrics that worked well together and as soon as I had this I was ready to get started in a matter of minutes. So I just thought I would show you the start of my project before I head back to the sewing machine.

1 comment:

  1. Hey that looks fantastic!! I can't wait to see more of your quilting adventures. :-)
    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete