Wednesday 6 July 2011

Is it just me that loves this time of the month when the heavy thud of magazines hitting the doormat can be heard? This morning was indeed a happy morning as both Vogue and Mollie Makes arrived. Vogue shows the trends autumn/winter and while there were things I loved there were also a few disappointments. There are magazines like Mollie Makes showing the versatility of craft and then there is this on the catwalk.
 
 Image courtesy of www.vogue.co.uk
The design is by Christopher Kane and a majority of the collection featured crochet but I just think its such a shame that most of the crochet used on the catwalk is granny squares when there is so much more to offer with crochet. Admittedly the collection featured pieces mixing the pieces with plastics and there were some nice dresses but if I had the money I would sign him up to Jane Crowfoots mystery blanket club
Its Sheffield Food Festival this week so I am off to have a look, I will try and get some pictures before it all gets eaten

No comments:

Post a Comment