Sunday 4 September 2011

Home sweet home

Finally made it home from New York. I was supposed to have a workshop at the Rowan mill this weekend and my apologies go out to anyway who was booked on the course I was really looking forward to it.
I thought I would start showing you a few pictures taken from my trip.
Firstly I want to thoroughly recommend the 'highlines' to anyone visiting New York. It was built in the 1930's as a freight railway and was last used in the 1980's. After this nature took her hold on the railroads above the streets of the city. The highlines were then going to be demolished but Friends of the Highlines' was formed and rescued the space to become a public park.
The first picture shows a beautiful sculptured designed for birds to live in and feed from.


Images courtesy of M Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment