Saturday 21 January 2012

Double birthday celebrations



I was lucky enough to spend my birthday weekend teaching at Vogue Knitting Live. All my students were lovely and just to be in a building with so many creative people is truly inspiring. Whilst I came away tired and jetlagged I also felt refreshed and excited.
The only downside I had was that there was a beautiful marketplace for yarn and I was so busy I didn't get the chance to shop. However the upside was beyond words in that I got to welcome in my birthday with some of my knitting heroes - Trisha Malcolm, Brooke Nico, Josh Bennett and unbelievably Alice Starmore! What more can a girl ask for!

After my return and a couple of days to recover I had a tapas evening with my closest friends which was wonderful. I received some really lovely gifts and also this -



The scale is quite hard to work out but my lovely friends Jeff and Emma made me two and a half foot high martini glass filled with fizzy rum and ginger jelly. It was a sight to behold and taste and was also rather strong! The only question now is how does one wash up such a gigantic glass?

No comments:

Post a Comment