Monday 30 January 2012

The past few days have been something of a blur so I thought I would show you some of things I have been up to. 
First I took part in a wonderful baking workshop at hartingtons in appropriately named Bakewell. We managed to learn so much in one day and mastered basic bread dough and shaping, focaccia and sweet dough with which we made chelsea buns. My aim now is to keep up with the baking and I have bread proving as we speak - though I don't know how long I will be able to keep it as a regular thing to do!



I also managed to finish a jumper for myself - something that in this job is rarer than you might think! As well as write the patterns for the follow up to my simple, cosy knits book.Phew!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That bread looks delicious x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! How are you? Hope things are going ok x

      Delete
  2. I'd love to bake bread! (no. actually. I'd like to bake the FAB looking chelsea buns! yum!! x) a proper workshop on "how" sounds a really good idea, I hope you continue with it for a while at least.
    Love the jumper! I've got my eye on a couple of similar cable fronted patterns in Rowan Lima and KidClassic but yours looks super!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue the chelsea buns were my favourite bit too as I thought they would be really hard but were super easy! I would thoroughly recommend the Rowan Lima it is so soft and light its a joy to wear. The design I made was affection from Rowan magazine 50

      Delete