Tuesday 7 June 2011

addictive knitting

I said I would show a sneak preview on the design I was working on.

Its is fyberspates scrumptious - www.fyberspates.co.uk. I recently treated myself to holz and stein needles from www.janiecrow.co.uk the needles and yarn are truly a match made in heaven and work together so smoothly I can barely tear myself away to get on with other work.

I am at the half way point now so hopefully it shouldn't be too long before I can publish the pattern.

I am getting ready to spend Knitting in Public Day in Nottingham John Lewis and preparing to teach a workshop in Cambridge John Lewis.
The workshop will be on the 14th July and is called Updating an Old Favourite. The idea is people bring along their favourite old Rowan pattern and we look at ways of adapting it. Its quite a technical day so rather than looking at trims and corsages we look at how patterns are written so people aren't scared to alter from a cardigan to sweater and vice versa.
Its a workshop I love to teach as I really like seeing what other people are making ( and hoping to make!) its truly inspiring.

1 comment:

  1. Looks really yummy - I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete