Wednesday 29 June 2011

To die for

As I said yesterday I had my first attempt at dyeing yarn. I would probably be crying over it right now if I didn't think the salty tears would simply fix the dye further! Isn't it a shame there isn't such a thing as a yarn hospital where you send these well meaning projects to get mended?
I think the main reason I was eager for all to be well was I am really keen to start knitting the lovely Vitamin D by Heidi Kirrmaier - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/vitamin-d. Nevermind maybe in future I should stick to the actual knitting bit and search for some lovely yarn on the internet
 The pale colour was a different composition thus a different shade, so its perhaps not quite as bad as this picture makes it look!

3 comments:

  1. It may not work for you due to the size of the project, but if I'm not happy with how a handdyed yarn knitted up, I overdye it by throwing the whole thing into a turkey tray, pour dye over it and slam it in the oven.. It has worked for me thus far - although I've only done it with shawls, of course..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karie - I love this idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. A contrast edging, perhaps? Or what Karie said. :)

    ReplyDelete