Thursday 9 June 2011

'Four-play' fun and games

Image courtesy of www.theblueindian.com
Last night I went to see Yo La Tengo play and they have this great idea that there is a wheel of fortune of their songs and a member of the audience spins it to see what gets played.
I have had a lot of pattern writing/checking to do so seeing them last might gave me a great idea of a bit of fun and I came up with the idea of 'four play'.
Four people who have signed up to my website by the 1st July will be picked at random. These four people will then be asked to pick a number from 1 to 4.
There will be 4 categories - Garment, Yarn weight, Fabric qualities and Colour. The numbers they pick will relate to subcategories of these ie for Garment 1-Babies, 2- Scarf, 3 - simple garment, 4 - hat/gloves.
I will then have to design a free pattern to these criteria. The 4 people picked will also be listed as co designers and will be free to use the pattern on their website/blog.
Long winded explanation I know but I hope it makes sense and sounds like fun?

2 comments:

  1. Definitely sounds like fun for all. Not sure how you play?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just need to register to become a member on my website www.sarahhatton.com. This enables you to download the free patterns and immediately registered you for the game. On the 1st July four names will be picked at random and emailled to give their number selection and we are off!

    ReplyDelete